Virtuoso Travel Week 2019
Welcome to Big Five. How excited are we! We always look forward to Travel Week, and are never disappointed. We enjoy catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. We will see you soon!
What You Need to Know
- Big Five does sustainable, luxury, land FITs to Latin America (including Colombia) and Africa (including Morocco), Asia (including Japan), and the South Pacific (Australia & New Zealand)
- our client is the high-end bucket list traveler likely going to “this” destination for the first and only time
- we don’t sell “direct” to consumers … since we don’t compete with you Big Five can honestly say we’re your partner so our quote process is radically different from other luxe FIT suppliers … we encourage video conference calls with clients prior to sending itineraries … ask us how we get a 70% close rate!
- our itineraries feature out of the ordinary, out of the box, off the beaten path experiences designed to maximize the destination for your clients
- change is a wonderful thing except when it comes to the stability of your travel provider. Big Five has been under the same ownership since our founding in 1973. We pay commissions on time in relation to departure date not return date. We prepay all ground services prior to your clients’ arrival in country, enjoying a wonderful relationship with every hotel, guide, and driver we work with. We encourage the use of client credit cards for all our journeys without any extra fees
What You Should Know
- Big Five has Morocco, Madagascar, and Colombia; places where your trust normally waivers, down to a perfect science . We operate in these countries with the perfection we operate with in more established countries
- Big Five is one of only 3 companies to win the Virtuoso Sustainable Tourism Leadership Award twice
- Big Five has a dedicated landing page for all things Virtuoso where you can learn more and order our latest book, the Navigator Series® Edition IV
- Big Five is built to partner with Virtuoso Latin America including Spanish speaking guides in several countries, and 3 full time team members who can communicate in Spanish, and build all documents in Spanish
- Book with confidence and trust. Big Five pays commissions on time. you are never waiting for months
To request a quote with Big Five … email@example.com or 1 800 244 3483
To order your copy of Navigator Series™, you can click here for our Brochure Order Form
Looking forward to a productive and meaningful exchange and learning about YOU during Travel Week!
Navigator Edition® Edition IV – Big Five’s “brochure” helps you build your luxe client base
If you haven’t already, you and your clients will fall in love with Big Five’s elegant and colorful coffee table book. Its distinctive take on 40+ countries is designed to give your clients a world of ideas for their next grand travel adventure. When hand-delivered to clients, this unique video-laden hard-cover book will result in quote requests and bookings. Click here to order you copy today.
More for You
We want you to know that you have access to resources and tools that help you fulfil your clients’ travel dreams. For example, as part of our process, prior to sending an itinerary, we can do a video or telephone conference call with you and your client, at no cost to you. We have found that the result, with a qualified client, is a 50% to 70% close rate. You close more often and faster using conference calls.
Another useful asset is our What’s on your Bucket List? Follow the link to download the letter and customize it with your contact information and logo to introduce Big Five Tours & Expeditions to your clients and to begin a dialogue. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy.
Towards a more sustainable world
Those of you who know us well, know that we are passionate about sustainable travel and have in fact built our company around that concept. We are delighted to tell you the triad of sustainable websites that we completed this year. They are designed for travelers and travel advisors in search of world-class holiday destinations that also benefit local people and the planet. It provides a general ranking from a neutral third party for destinations based on sustainable tourism. If you, like so many of our partners have told us, have questions or you have clients with questions about sustainable travel, these sites are intended to help.
Big Five’s Blog for fun and timely topics appears weekly on Thursdays
As you can see from our Kids Kouncil, Big Five is also enthusiastic about kids and families. Through the work of our Kouncil, we now have three Kids Kouncil™ Approved Precious Journeys:
- Kids Kouncil Approved™ India by City and Country Precious Journeys®
- Kids Kouncil Approved™ Morocco Camels, Souks and Sand
- Kids Kouncil Approved™ Peru Adventure
Our Precious Journeys® family-focused adventures introduce younger children to new places, people and experiences such as a hands-on peanut butter workshop in Guatemala presented by peanut farmers in their homes, and going out with local fishermen to learn about sustainable fishing techniques.
Precious Journeys® College Edition focuses on the next steps for our future leaders as they begin to discover their own identities. These adventures allow young adults to explore with their families, and, at the same time, begin to use the knowledge and skills they have gained. They offer young adults opportunities to investigate more complex interests such as graffiti in Buenos Aires, Colombia and elsewhere; a trek in Australia’s amazing wilderness; and a climb up Sri Lanka’s 12th-century Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
Your Travel DNA
Along with the Bucket List letter, yourtraveldna.com further serves to put the interests of your clients first. This innovative approach to trip planning offers you a tool to discover the traveler’s passions and interests. No more trying to fit a traveler into a destination. Now you match the destination to the traveler. Visit yourtraveldna.com. It’s easy, fun and a great tool to further the conversation.
Our goal is always to provide you with cutting-edge, out-of-the-box ideas and journeys for you to offer your clients. Browse the President’s Picks, a collection of a dozen adventures that are handpicked by our ever-on-the-road president. We challenged him to look far afield to discover locations and activities that will charm, delight and surprise you.
Big Five Webinars
For useful information about destinations, travel trends, how Big Five can be even more useful to you, please sure to check out some of our past webinars through This Link. If you are interested in having Big Five do a webinar for your company, please contact Paul Dorgan, VP Sales, email: email@example.com, or (800) 244 3483, ext. 2206.
Media Center For more information and articles about Big Five.